WHERE has time gone? Seriously though…somehow I managed to skip right over both January AND February obsessions so it looks like March is going to be EXTRA long, just for you! But really…I’m totalllllyy ok with the winter months flying by. Let’s be honest, we all know that Boston’s “Spring” may as well just be an extension of winter, so I’m cool with days, weeks, and months just cruisin’ on by at this point. WHO CAN RELATE?
Alright, alright enough with the small talk, let’s get to my latest obsessions. Here’s what I’m digging lately…
1) Throwing a curve ball here by starting with a fashion trend I LOVE. I‘d personally like to thank the Kardashian clan for making leotards and high-waisted pants an acceptable look to wear for both a day-time and night-time look. I LOVE leotards…so long as they have the handy buttons at the crotch LOL – it makes peeing a million x’s easier! But in all seriousness, I love them for a few reasons. You don’t need to THINK about planning an outfit. It’s as easy as picking a cute nude color, pairing it with a light-wash high-waisted jean, sneakers, and a cute chunky belt. Add a comfy cardigan for a day-time look and then swap that out for a leather bomber coat & a choker necklace for a cool, night-time look. My fave places to purchase affordable leotards are Forever 21 (they have so many cute colors and styles for INSANELY cheap) and Urban Outfitters is always a go-to of mine. American Apparel carries some cute, classic ones as well!
2) Keeping this fashion thing going…comfy AF jumpsuits. I recently (like literally yesterday lol) purchased the comfiest onzie that I will most likely wear every possible moment while I’m at home and that is my free people jumpsuit. I actually found it on the sale rack at Corepower for 60% off (so ya, obvious choice if I do say so myself) and I just couldn’t resist buying it. What makes it extra cool is that it’s also really fun to flow to. Whip out your yoga mat any time of day, put on your jumpsuit, and just fricken FLOW without having to worry about your shirt following over your face during inversions or your butt cheeks hanging out mid downward dog. I’m low-key obsessed with ALL of the ‘movement’ Free People jumpsuits…
3) ONE more fashion trend for ya…well actually, it’s a trend that is yet again, resurfacing…and that my friends, are SCRUNCHIES. I had a moment of pure joy at the Urban Outfitters checkout when I stumbled upon a bucket full of perfect packs of colorful scrunchies. May I add that their color palettes were SPOT on. Now I obviously love scrunchies because they’re super cool and fun, but from a logical point of view…they actually are the only hair accessory that can hold my thick head of hair. That is a trend I can get on – one that is both FUNCTIONAL and CUTE.
4) I mentioned Vital Proteins collagen on my last post…this month, it’s all about the Vital Proteins Coconut Collagen Creamer and the Matcha Collagen. I love the collagen creamer because it’s the perfect addition to your caffeine fueled espresso/latte or even matcha latte. OR add it to a smoothie, golden milk, whatever it is that makes you HAPPY! I personally love the taste of coconut and this creamer takes your morning beverage from a 4 to a 12 easily. If you’re not a coffee kind of person, then opt in for the matcha collagen. It’s a powder form of ceremonial matcha and coconut water. Blend it with your fave homemade dairy-free milk of choice and you have yourself a winner. PLUS, they have perfect travel size packets that you can mix in anywhere on-the-go! You can shop for it on Amazon or order right from the Vital Proteins site.
5) A cool 2018 day…LIFE…EVERYTHING planner. I’m a visual person and therefor, writing things down makes my life so much easier. Not to mention, I’ve been keeping EVERY detail for wedding planning in here and it keeps me SANE. Find a cute planner that leaves you a lot of space to write to-do’s, goals, plans, etc. for each day. I love that my planner gives me a whole page for just one day and includes sections for:
- Today’s Top Three
- A cute little inspiring quote each day
- Today’s Schedule (broken out by each hour of the day)
- TonightTo-Do List (parallels my schedule)
- And lastly a section for Gratitude each day
6) CBD oil. I can’t say enough great things about CBD oil and you’re probably sick of hearing me blab about it if you follow me on Instagram. But I swear it’s for GOOD reason. Biggest and most noticeable benefits I’ve seen so far? Better night’s sleep (like WAY less restless, much deeper sleep), less anxiety, less joint paint, and less inflammation. The first CBD oil I tried was the Cap Beauty “daily hit”. It’s packed with extra adaptogens in addition to the CBD oil. I will warn you that this brand is v pricey but it comes in a pretty large bottle and you only need ½ tsp a day to get the benefits! So it goes pretty far for how much you’re spending. Most recently, I purchased a tincture from Lazarus Naturals which was much cheaper and I find, works just as well. My tip? Take about 1 ML of CBD oil 2 hours before bed. Let it sit under your tongue (I promise you’ll get passed the taste and smell) for 90 seconds, and then swallow. Why? Because your tongue has little blood vessels so the CBD is actually absorbed and bypasses your digestive system, therefor getting into your bloodstream faster and more effectively.
7) Dr. Dennis Gross Products. After listening to the Skinny Confidential podcast last month where she interviewed the skin god himself, Dr. Dennis Gross…I was pretty much sold. I’ll be honest; I did not care about good skin care at all up until this point. Obviously I have a skin care routine than includes cleansing my face with clean products, using serums, face masks, etc. BUT I never really cared about the sun and the extent of its damage on my skin. Growing up it was all about who could be the tannest and you can bet I had my glow on almost all year round. Especially come the summer time, I grew up teaching sailing and was on the water/out in the sun all day. My TOP goal for this year is to really focus on good skin care and avoiding sun damage. This means A LOT of sunscreen all the time, staying out of the sun or wearing a hat as much as possible, and using products like the Alpha Beta Skin peel from his product line.
8) Speaking of Sun Damage…DIY Coconut Oil + Aloe Vera Gel blend. Why? ALoe vera has both anti-inflammatory and antibacterial qualities that helps to repare damaged skin and rebuild growth. Coconut oil is similar in that it’s packed with vitamin E, an antioxidant that helps the healing time and prevents new scars from forming. You can also add in extra vitamin E oil for an additional boost! A little tip I received from a local in the BVI’s is that you need to use REAL coconut oil…like totally untouched coconut oil that actually looks browner in color instead of that white oil we’re used to here in the states. She recommended getting the coconut oil from St. Vincent or any of the islands in the French west indies. Then get yourself some organic aloe vera gel (ordered this on amazon). Blend ¼ cup of each together and store in an air-tight container. Option to add any additional essential oils. Apply a good amount on your face before bed every night.
9) Cava aka Boston’s latest addition to our food scene. Cava is basically like mediterranean food meets sweetgreen…but dare I say…BETTER? Yep I said it. Plus you get more bang for your buck. A GIANT ASS bowl is about $10 and you get ALL the toppings (no extra money like paying $1 for 1/2 an avocado)…just saying! If you haven’t already, go find out why this place is ALL THE RAGE!
10) Homemade Cashew Milk is literally better than any store-bought non-dairy milk. Not to mention it takes all of 2 minutes to make is requires MINIMAL effort. Go to your grocery store’s bulk food section and stock up on raw cashews. Soak 1 cup of cashews in a bowl of water for about 2 hours or longer. Rinse and then add to your blender with ~6 cups of filtered water. Add in cinnamon, Himalayan salt, and a few drops of vanilla stevia or any sweetener of your choice. BLEND baby BLEND for about 2 mins. No need to strain! The cashews blend well. Just make sure to store in an air-tight container and shake well before using!
11) Lovebeets NEW salsa and golden beets. This is not a paid ad nor is this sponsored…I just really REALLY love beets and pretty much obsessed with their latest products. The lovebeets salsa is absolutely delish on your avocado toast with eggs or makes for a clean dip with CHIPS! Can I get a HELL YAHH???!!!
12) Lavva Dairy-Free (plant-based) coconut yogurt w/ 0 added sugars. This yogurt is actually AMAZING. I may even, dare I say it, put it number one over Kite Hill… Why? Because there’s literally 0 added sugars and the ingredients are all EPIC and it’s HIGH in probiotics. Unfortunately, Whole Foods doesn’t carry them yet but I was able to find them at Stop & Shop and Wegmans …so go stalk up!