Alright, alright so last month you saw my December obsessions, this month it’s all about what I’m digging in 2018. There are so many awesome products and trends to highlight, but I’ll hit ya with my top 8 for now – stay tuned for Feb’s addition next month!
- Throwing a curve ball here by starting with a fashion trend I LOVE. I‘d personally like to thank the Kardashian clan for making leotards and high-waisted pants an acceptable look to wear for both a day-time and night-time look. I LOVE leotards…so long as they have the handy buttons at the crotch LOL – it makes peeing a million x’s easier! But in all seriousness, I love them for a few reasons. You don’t need to THINK about planning an outfit. It’s as easy as picking a cute nude color, pairing it with a light-wash high-waisted jean, sneakers, and a cute chunky belt. Add a comfy cardigan for a day-time look and then swap that out for a leather bomber coat & a choker necklace for a cool, night-time look. My fave places to purchase affordable leotards are Forever 21 (they have so many cute colors and styles for INSANELY cheap) and Urban Outfitters is always a go-to of mine. American Apparel carries some cute, classic ones as well!
- I mentioned Vital Proteins collagen on my last post…this month, it’s all about the Vital Proteins Coconut Collagen Creamer. I love this because it’s the perfect addition to your caffeine fueled espresso/latte or matcha latte. OR add it to a smoothie, golden milk, whatever it is that makes you HAPPY! I personally love the taste of coconut and this creamer takes your morning beverage from a 4 to a 12 easily. You can shop for it on Amazon or order right from the Vital Proteins site.
- A cool 2018 day…LIFE…EVERYTHING planner. I’m a visual person and therefor, writing things down makes my life so much easier. Not to mention, I’ve been keeping EVERY detail for wedding planning in here and it keeps me SANE. Find a cute planner that leaves you a lot of space to write to-do’s, goals, plans, etc. for each day. I love that my planner (got it from Target!) gives me a whole page for just one day and includes sections for:
- Today’s Top Three
- A cute little inspiring quote each day
- Today’s Schedule (broken out by each hour of the day)
- TonightTo-Do List (parallels my schedule)
- And lastly a section for Gratitude each day
- CBD oil. I can’t say enough great things about CBD oil and you’re probably sick of hearing me blab about it if you follow me on Instagram. But I swear it’s for GOOD reason. Biggest and most noticeable benefits I’ve seen so far? Better night’s sleep, less anxiety, less joint paint, and less inflammation. I personally love the oil from Cap Beauty since it has extra chic adaptogens in addition to the CBD oil. I will warn you that this brand is v pricey but it comes in a pretty large bottle and you only need ½ tsp a day to get the benefits! So it goes pretty far for how much you’re spending. Another brand I’ve heard good things about is: Lazarus Naturals
- Dr. Dennis Gross Products. After listening to the Skinny Confidential podcast last month where she interviewed the skin god himself, Dr. Dennis Gross…I was pretty much sold. I’ll be honest; I did not care about good skin care at all up until this point. Obviously I have a skin care routine than includes cleansing my face with clean products, using serums, face masks, etc. BUT I never really cared about the sun and the extent of it’s damage on my skin. Growing up it was all about who could be the tannest and you can bet I had my glow on almost all year round. Especially come the summer time, I grew up teaching sailing and was on the water/out in the sun all day. My TOP goal for this year is to really focus on good skin care and avoiding sun damage. This means A LOT of sunscreen all the time, staying out of the sun or wearing a hat as much as possible, and using products like the Alpha Beta Skin peel from his product line.
- Any tea that has TURMERIC and/or GINGER in it are my absolute faves. Trader Joe’s carries a delicious ginger, turmeric, herbal tea. I also recently fell in love with the Pukka Turmeric Glow tea. It’s a delicious blend of turmeric + green tea + lemon fruit. I add a splash of homemade cinnamon cashew milk and it is PURE JOY. The combo of ginger + turmeric should be your best friend. It is the king of all ANTI-INFLAMMATORY ingredients if you ask me! I love it in the morning or at night before bed.
- Barry’s BootCamp. Recently got hooked on this class and LOVE it. Having been a runner my whole life, this class definitely brings that competiveness back. I only go once a week (if that), but it’s a great, killer workout for when you need a little extra cardio/HIIT/strength training in your life! I find it’s a great balance with my CorePower Yoga Sculpt practice, my at-home yoga & pilates practice, and the strength training I do at the gym.
- My latest Alo Yoga pants obsession goes to these leggings: Ultimate High Waist Legging in the Rosewater color. I love that nudes are having a serious moment right now and I’m jumping right on that bandwagon! Plus these are SO comfy, love they have a good high-waist, and you can easily go from yoga to a coffee date and keep your outfit looking cool & trendy for the fitness gal on-the-go!
That’s all I have for you this month! Keep an eye out for Feb’s obsessions next 🙂