I’d love to take credit for the inspiration that you’ll see in the below picture, however, shamelessly, I got all of these wonderful ideas through pinterest. THANK GOD FOR PINTEREST AM I RIGHT?? What you’ll need:
– 1 Wooden board with either a mount or a rope to hang
– Mason Jars
– Old Fashion Tall Soda Jars
– A variety of paint brushes – Small, Medium, AND Large
– Acrylic Paint (this is the type of paint that works best on any surface; wood, glass, etc. Michaels has a HUGE selection of colors, so make sure to keep your eyes pealed) >> We used the “FolkArt” brand; multi-surface (turquoise, aqua, mandarin orange, White, Gold, & Silver)
– Plain Wooden Letters (Again, Craft stores like Michaels or AC Moore carry A TON of these wooden letters in different styles, so make sure to look around for the right one!) >>> Also, we chose to use our initials; but you can also create words to hang or display somewhere around the house. For example; we’re thinking of doing “GIN” in all gold to put above the bar cart OR you can spell SURF or BEACH… you get the idea!
*For the mason jars and soda cars, I was inspired by this image I found on pinterest; then I just went for it and did my own variations of the bohemian design. These mason jars and soda cans can be SO versatile – Candle holders, Vases, pencil holder, tooth brush holder, kitchen glasses, and more!
*For the wooden board, we took a thick brush and painted it white first, then let it dry. Next, we stenciled “BEACH” in a pencil, then painted over it in aqua and outlined it in the orange all with thinner brushes.
*For the letters, we each did our own design using variations of the paint colors. Then we kept the & a solid Gold to balance out the patterns.
The best part is that now that we finished this project for just $25 each, we have all of this paint left over to use for more decorations once we actually make the move to our apartment …will likely end up getting more mason jars because I just love that look!