Hi there! I thought rather than doing multiple separate posts, I’d share a collection of some of my delicious breakfast’s over the past few weeks. It’s funny because the first time we had a “snow day”, it was great because we could work from home and I could actually take the time to make myself a delicious breakfast. However, after the 3rd or 4th time of working from home, it got old very quickly. When you’re stuck inside all day, in a small space, with an endless pantry…let’s just say it can leave you slightly crazy by the time 3PM rolls around.
Anyhow, if you haven’t already gotten the sense, breakfast IS EASILY my FAVORITE meal of the day. I literally LIVEEE for easy Sunday mornings, where I can brew my cup of hazelnut coffee, take my time to cook up whatever breakfast I crave, stay in my sweats until noon, and spend hours on pinterest and blogs…
And if I’m not at home cooking my own breakfast, than you’ll likely find me exploring a new breakfast/brunch spot because WHY NOT? : )
Check out below for what I’ve been cooking up lately in the kitchen…
– 1 egg/1 egg white omelet with spinach, cherry tomatoes, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder to taste
– A side of mixed greens w/ EVOO and a dash of balsamic glaze
– 1 Slice of Ezekiel Toast topped with avocado, salt and black pepper to taste
– 2 Slices of Ezekiel bread
– 1 egg, 2 egg whites
– 2 TBSP unsweetened vanilla almond milk
– Cinnamon to taste
– 2 Drops of Vanilla Stevia
– 2 TBSP of Coconut Oil (acts as a butter replacement as well)
– Optional: Shredded Coconut, Fresh Berries, Pure Maple Syrup
In a small bowl, whisk together your eggs, almond milk, cinnamon, and vanilla stevia. Meanwhile, begin to heat up your pan with the coconut oil. Dip your 2 slices into the bowl and cover well, then add to the stove. Leave it on med/high heat, but continue to watch so that the edges are just lightly browned. While those are cooking (should only need about 2.5 minutes or less on each side), slice your fresh fruit to top.
– 2 TBSP of Acai Powder
– 1 Frozen Banana
– 1 TBSP Almond Butter
– 1/4 Cup Frozen Blueberries/Strawberries
– Dollop of Honey
– Almond Milk (1/2 cup – 1 cup) ** Add this in slowly, you want the bowl to be very thick and creamy. Add in JUST ENOUGH almond milk to allow it to blend.
– 1 – 2 drops of vanilla stevia
– Cinnamon to taste
Optional: Fresh Berries and sliced banana to top, granola to top (LOVE the Purely Elizabeth brand or try making your own), mixed nuts, shredded coconut, honey
Directions: Blend together all ingredients. Remember, add in your almond milk slowly – you want to be able to SPOON your acai bowl, not drink it : ) Once well blended, top with fresh fruit, granola, coconut, and honey to taste.